Who we are
The Port of Inverness is one of Scotland’s most sheltered natural deep water harbours, lying seven miles south-west of Chanonry Point in the Inverness Firth.
It is situated in latitude 57° 29’N longitude 004° 14’W. The port is operated as a Trust Port under the control of Inverness Harbour Trustees; it was established by an Act of Parliament in 1847, and has a recorded history dating back to 1249. As a result of its sheltered location, the port can offer companies almost guaranteed access irrespective of the weather.