Non-executive Board Member, Inverness Harbour Trust
Part-time, up to 2 days per month
Excited by creating positive change? Want to be part of a sustainable future? Enjoy building relationships?
The Port of Inverness is a progressive and vibrant driver of growth for Inverness and the Highlands. We have two non-executive opportunities on our Board and we are looking for outstanding individuals who are motivated by, and committed to, our vision and purpose.
We want to hear from people who are excited by the scale and challenge of our strategic ambition, shaping a positive culture, stakeholder engagement, and adding value through their expertise and experience.
About the appointment
Both appointments are part-time, up to two days per month. This excludes time required to undertake an induction training programme.
There is a minimum of six Board meetings per annum, normally held on a Tuesday and commence at 9.30am.
Board members are remunerated for attendance at Board Meetings but travel expenses are not paid.
Non-executive Trustees are appointed for a period of three years and may be eligible for reappointment.
Inverness Harbour Trust is seeking to appoint TWO non-executive members to its board from 1st February 2020. One trustee must have financial management experience, with the other having worked at a senior level and bring a broad range of experience and expertise, ideally within the maritime or leisure sectors.
Trustees need to demonstrate a range of attributes in order to deliver our strategic vision. Details of the ports guiding principles can be found in the Modern Trust Ports for Scotland – Guidance for good governance http://www.transport.gov.scot/media/29818/j249946.pdf
We need people who are:
- Able to set strategic direction and to identify and critically assess opportunities and threats within a complex environment. This must include achieving results in demanding situations, an ability to extract arguments from papers, and to analyse problems and assess evidence impartially.
- Influential as a team member when working together over a sustained period to achieve demanding goals.
- Financially astute with strong commercial acumen.
- Able to demonstrate resilience and independence of judgement.
- Able to contribute in group discussions and influence a wide range of people, including specialists and professionals.
- Diplomatic and tenacious and have a good appreciation of the role of a non-executive director.
- Able to demonstrate depth of management or specialist expertise, and any other experience relevant to the post.
Our Trustees bring experience and insight, dynamism and a desire to enable economic growth, and provide a safe and sustainable future to support the communities within which we live. Our Trustees are from varied backgrounds and ensure the governance of the trust works well.
How to apply
For more information about the Port and the role of a Non-Executive Board Member, please read our Board Member Application Information available below.
Candidates are required to complete an Application Form (see below) and send to email@example.com no later than 1200hrs on Wednesday, 9th October 2019.
CVs or other personal profile documents will not be accepted.