Inverness Harbour Trust, the body responsible for operating the Port of Inverness, has a Board 8 Trustees comprising 7 non-executive members who are appointed for three-year terms and the Chief Executive who is the executive member.
Trustees are appointed in line with the provisions of "Modern Trust Ports for Scotland - Guidance for good governance", published by Transport Scotland.
The Current Trustees are as follows:
George Macleod, Chairman
Susan Clark, Vice-Chairman
Sinclair Browne, Chief Executive
Gary I Campbell
In line with the 2002 Harbour Revision Order, candidates for Board membership must demonstrate knowledge, experience or ability in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Management of harbours
- Shipping or other forms of transport
- Financial management
- Safety or personnel management
- Commercial marketing or information technology
- Environmental matters affecting harbours
- Any other skills and abilities considered from time to time by the Trustees to be relevant to the discharge of their functions
The objective is to obtain a board that is independent and fit for purpose rather than representative of particular interests.
All Trustees undergo an Annual Appraisal as part of their appointment.